Wednesday 17 December 2008

Terry's Cost Cutting Maneuver of the Week




Terry is on the rampage to save money these days. Rather than cutting costs by reducing the number of Terries around the shop -- which would definitely help things on a number of dimensions -- he again prefers to nickle and dime us to savings Nirvana.

One example is the other day when I went out to a local take-away place to get some sushi for lunch and forgot to bring cutlery back with my food. So I went up to the canteen and asked the friendly, helpful girl on the till, "do you have any plastic cutlery?" She replied, "What do you want it for?". Amazed that she could think I wanted it for any other purpose, I said, "to eat something" . To which she replied, "You'll have to pay for it", she said, "it's 10p".

You can't make this stuff up.

No comments: