Sunday 30 November 2008

Virtualisation should make life more flexible

I use a Mac as do many of my colleagues, although the majority of my company use PCs. Using a Mac isn't completely trouble free as some of the intranet applications I need to use are PC/IE only. I heard my company was providing Virtual Machines of the corporate PC build to testers and thought this would be ideal - I could run the corporate PC as an official VM and not have to have a second PC lying around for those times when something will only work on PC/IE.

Apparently that would be too easy as when I contacted the Terry who dished them out I was told "Sorry, we do not provide a corporate VM for running on Mac devices" and was told to contact a second Terry to query the policy. Despite leaving voicemail & sending email I'm being ignored.

Pushing Terry #1 a bit more went nowhere either and was just met with "I am not the decision maker here. I have more than enough on my plate, and no particular desire to challenge on this".

Well thanks for your help Terry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is worse was that you forgot to mention that Terry #1's email signature has and I am paraphrasing now to protect the innocent, something like, "your PC anywhere". I guess that only means if your PC is running a corporate windows XP image.